You May Also Want:
Schedule of Events
Thursday, May 15
|6:00 pm||Spring Donor Recognition Dinner for Presidents Society Donors||Ponce de Leon Dining Hall, 74 King St|
Friday, May 16
|9:00 am||Alumni Board of Directors Meeting||Flagler Room, Ponce Hall, 74 King St|
|12:30 pm||Alumni Awards Luncheon||Ponce de Leon Dining Hall, 74 King St|
|4:00 pm||Guided Tour of Flagler Campus||Ringhaver Student Center, 50 Sevilla St|
|4:30 to 6 pm||In Your Honor Reunion Reception||The Flagler Room, Ponce Hall, 74 King St|
|6:00 pm to 9:00 pm||Markland Reception||Markland House, 102 King St|
Saturday, May 17
|8:30 am||29th Annual Hugh Shaw Memorial Surf Contest||Hampton Inn St. Augustine Beach 430 A1A Beach Blvd|
|9:30 am to 11 am||Solarium Open House||The Solarium, 400 Rotunda, 74 King St|
|10:00 am||Alumni Golf (Shotgun)||St. Johns County Golf Course|
|11:00 am to 2:00 pm||Family Beachside Barbecue||Hampton Inn St. Augustine Beach 430 A1A Beach Blvd|
|5:30pm||Flagler College Athletics Hall of Fame||Ponce de Leon Dining Hall, 74 King St|
|6 pm||Induction Ceremony and Dinner||Ponce de Leon Dining Hall, 74 King St|
Sunday, May 18
|8:30 am to 11:30 am||Ponce de Leon Hall Room Tours||Ponce de Leon Rotunda, 74 King St|
|9:00 am to 11:00 am||Breakfast with the President||Ponce de Leon Dining Hall, 74 King St|
|9:30 am||State of the College Address by Dr. William T. Abare, Jr,. President||Ponce de Leon Dining Hall, 74 Kint St|
|11:00 am||Legacy Tour of Ponce de Leon Hall||Ponce de Leon Rotunda, 74 King St|
|4:30 pm to 6:00 pm||Public Administration Picnic||Markland House, 102 Kin St|
Flagler College Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Dinner
Flagler College will induct former athletes and coaches into the Athletics Hall of Fame on May 17, 2014. Inductees have made a significant contribution to the intercollegiate sports program and have been outstanding citizens since their graduation. The evening begins with a reception at 5:30 followed by dinner at 6:00. Deadline for reservations is May 8, 2014.
Sixteenth Annual Alumni Awards Luncheon: All alumni are invited to celebrate and congratulate this year's Alumni Award recipients. Reservations must be received by May 8, 2014. This year's awards luncheon will pay special tribute to the second graduating class of Flagler, the Class of 1974, as they celebrate their 40th Reunion. The Charter Classes of 1972, 1973, and 1975 will also be honored in this celebration. Other hightlights of this event will be:
- Honoring the 35 year runion class of 1979, 30 year reunion of class of 1984, 25 reunion class of 1989, 20 year reunion class of 1994, 15 year reunion class of 1990, 10 year reunion class of 2004, and 5 year reunion class of 2009. Alumni from these classes enjoy complimentary attendance.
- Also being honored are retiring Alumni Board of Directors members and Alumni Award recipients who have distinguished themselves in their careers, community service, and/or service to Flagler
Tours of Flagler College
- The Friday tour will include the newest editions to the Flagler campus, including the Ringhaver Student Center, Crisp-Ellert Art Museum, Proctor Library, Hanke Hall, and the renovated Molly Wiley Art Building. The Firday tour will meet on the front steps of the Ringhaver Student Center at 3:45 pm
- Your memories of living in Ponce de Leon Hall are part of Flagler's living history! Visit your old room on Sunday morning before leaving town. Tours will leave every half an hour starting at 8:30 am
- The Legaacy Tour of Ponce de Leon Hall will meet in the Rotunda at 10:45 am on Sunday, and will focus on the architecture and history of the Hotel Ponce de Leon
Markland Reception: Join us for this Alumni Weekend tradition. Reconnect with friends and faculty at this festive party--everyone will be there!
The 29th Annual Hugh Shaw Memorial Long Board Contest: The Flagler surf family has gathered for 28 years to celebrate the life of alumnus, Hugh Shaw, who died in 1983. This event is truly a daylong "expression session," The competition is friendly and open to all alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of all ages.
Family Beach Barbecue: Bring the whole family to enjoy the day surfing, swimming, and eating. We will provide barbecue, sand toys, and sunscreen. You bring the laughter!
Alumni Golf: Alumni will meet at the St. Johns County Golf Course for a 10:00 am shotgun start. Come early and hit some complimentary practice balls. A box lunch is included in your fee. Having trouble completing your foursome? Email Pete Peaver (email@example.com) and he will help you finalize your team. Golfers must register before May 5.
In Your Honor Reception: Dr. William T. Abare, Jr. and Reunion Class Co-Chairs invite graduates of the Charter Classes of 1972-1975 and the Reunion Classes of 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004 and 2009 to be honored at this special reception. Reunion and Charter classes, and their guests, will receive complimentary attendance. All alumni are invited to participate.
Breakfast with the President and State of the College Address: Wind down from the weekend with a free breakfast hosted by President Abare. Dr. Abare will attend from 9:00 am to 10:00 am and will deliver a State of the College Address at 9:30 am.
Public Administration Picnic: Graduates of the Public Administration program, and those alumni working in the Public Administration field, are invited to the 4th Annual Public Administration Picnic. Bring your family and enjoy a casual Sunday afternoon picnic.