Thinking about transferring to Flagler College from another college or university? It’s simple, start here:
What’s the cost?
Our net price calculator will help you estimate your financial aid options.Net Price Calculator
How will my credits transfer?
Contact your admissions director, Jennifer Rinnert by emailing her at JRinnert@flagler.edu or calling 904-819-6402.
Jennifer will answer any questions about your credits and the transfer process.
Transfer Student FAQ
- DeadlinesTransfer students are admitted on a rolling basis, which means there is not a hard application deadline for the Fall or Spring term. We recommend that students complete their applications no later than:
- June 1st for fall admission
- November 1st for spring admission
- What’s the maximum credit hours awarded?
75 from a four year college/university, 64 from a junior or community college.
- I have my A.A. degree, what level will I come in at?
Recipients of the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree are generally admitted at the junior level (meaning if you transfer with your AA degree completed, your General Education requirements will be considered satisfied).
- Am I required to submit ACT or SAT scores?
Along with an application & an official transcript from each institution attended, we require transfer applicants to submit SAT/ACT scores:
- If they plan to be an Education Major, Finance Major or Coastal Environmental Science Major or
- If they have not completed 1 non-remedial transferrable English and 1 non-remedial transferrable Math courses when they submit their application.
If an applicant does not have at least 24 transferrable credit hours completed at the time of application submission then we will require a copy of a final high school transcript as well.
- Do my grades transfer over?
No, quality points earned for transfer credit are not used in computing a student’s grade point average. Credits will generally transfer is you received a grade of “C” or better. Students who have completed their A.A. degree may transfer up to three courses in which a “D” grade was earned.
- Education, Finance, and Environmental Science Major Requirements for Transfer Students
All Education, Finance & Coastal Environmental Science majors are required to submit their SAT or ACT scores.
Our Education Department has a strict minimum test score requirement. We can only waive the test score requirement for an applicant if he/she has completed an AA degree prior to applying to Flagler. To be considered for the any Education Program an applicant must submit either an SAT combined Verbal and Math score of 1010 or higher, or an ACT composite score of 21 or higher.
Our Finance Major has a minimum test score requirement. To be considered for the Finance Major, an applicant must have scored at least 500 on the Math sub-section of the SAT or a 21 on the Math sub-section of the ACT.
Coastal Environment Science Majors
Our Coastal Environmental Science Program has a minimum test score requirement. To be considered for the CES Program an applicant must have scored at least 500 on the Math sub-section of the SAT or a 21 on the Math sub-section of the ACT. *We can waive the test score requirement for CES applicants that submit an application after they have completed their Natural Science and Math General Education requirements with a C or better (College Algebra/MAT 135 or PreCalculus/MAT 161 or Calculus/MAT 201, Statistics/MAT 223 & Environmental Science/NAS 107 or Biology/NAS 111 or Environmental Chemistry/NAS 151 or Oceanography/NAS 245.
I’ve completed my A.A. degree
If you have already completed their A.A. degree, the minimum test score requirement for the Education department can be waived.