Skip Navigation
Hanke Hall
Admissions & Aid
Connect with Flagler

Financial Aid

Our program is designed to help students who need financial assistance and to recognize students on the basis of academic achievement, talent or service.

Flagler College acknowledges that financing a college education represents a major investment. We also realize that many students and families may need assistance covering the cost of college tuition. Flagler College conducts a comprehensive financial aid program to assist students and families in this endeavor. The primary purpose of the program is to make sure students are aware of the availability of financial aid and to provide the opportunity to apply for all available aid.

Applying for and Receiving Financial Aid

Financial Aid comes in the form of: 

  • Grants
  • Scholarships 
  • Loans
  • Employment

Grants and scholarships are called gift aid, since they do not have to be repaid. Loans and employment are called self-help aid, since students are helping themselves by either repaying the money loaned or working for the money. Loans are made at low interest rates and repayment does not start until after graduation. Employment involves working on-campus or at selected off-campus sites. To qualify for financial aid, students must either establish financial need or meet the other special requirements of a grant, scholarship or loan awarded without regard to financial need. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other forms are required for this reason.

There are four basic sources of funds for financial aid at Flagler College:

  • The Federal government
  • State governments
  • Flagler College
  • Private organizations

You must be one of the following to receive federal student aid:

  • U.S. Citizen
  • Permanent resident, with a Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as an Alien Registration Receipt Card or "Green Card.")
  • Conditional permanent resident (I-551C)
  • Other eligible noncitizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any one of the following designations: "Refugee," "Asylum Granted," "Indefinite Parole," "Humanitarian Parole," or "Cuban-Haitian Entrant"
  • A citizen of the Republic of Palau (PW), the Republic of the Marshall Islands (MH), or the Federated States of Micronesia (FM).

You can receive federal student aid if you are an eligible noncitizen. You must enter your eight- or nine-digit Alien Registration Number (ARN) on the FAFSA.