Independent Study Abroad
Ready for an Adventure?
An Independent Study Abroad can be a component of a semester or course, or it can be a stand-alone, credit-bearing course. Students are encouraged to look at Flagler’s approved semester programs from the providers below.
Flagler Affiliated Program Providers
Other Programs We Utilize
Academic Programs International (API)
Academic Studies Abroad (ASA)
SIT Study Abroad
Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)
Semester at Sea
API Study Abroad
Cross Cultural Solution
SFS The School for Field Studies
Other Independent Study Abroad Opportunities
Students are allowed to participate in programs through other institutions and study abroad providers, as long as they understand the policies and obtain the appropriate approvals before going abroad.
The following sites can help you find such programs and the Office of Study Abroad can also help you identify programs that are appropriate for your line of study and meet the Flagler’s requirements.
The Office of Study Abroad can also help you identify programs that are appropriate for your line of study and that meet the requirements for Flagler College.
To be eligible for an independent study abroad program students must:
- Have sophomore Standing with the completion of at least 45 credit hours
- Have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.50 or higher
- Be a degree-seeking student
- Satisfy all departmental requirements
- Be approved by the Office of Academic Affairs
- Receive positive letters of recommendation, if required
- Have a satisfactory discipline record as certified by the Dean of Student Services
For application forms please contact the Study Abroad Office.
Director of Study Abroad and International Students
Office: Wiley Hall 101