Benefits of Studying Abroad
Studying abroad is a wonderful, integrated academic opportunity for your student to earn credits toward a degree while developing a global awareness and skill set that employers find desirable. The benefits of studying abroad can be academic, professional and personal:
- Earn academic credit toward a degree program
- Learn a new language or improve existing language skills
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market or for graduate school
- Develop intercultural knowledge and abilities
- Gain a new perspective on your field of study
- Explore cultural differences, and find common values between cultures
- Become a global citizen
- Develop independence and self-reliance
Guide to learning more about the study-abroad process through Flagler College:
Choosing a Program
Learn about the different program options, what to consider when choosing a program, and link to program details.
Learn how credits from abroad are approved and counted, and the academic policies governing study abroad
Learn about scholarships that may be appropriate for your student.
An overview of the application process including requirements for application.
Health and Safety
Read about health and safety issues for studying abroad and learn how we prepare students to travel safely and sensibly.
Preparing to Go Abroad
Learn about how we prepare students for their study-abroad programs and gain some useful tips to help your student prepare for departure.