The Proctor Library
Built in 1996 and named for College Chancellor and former President Dr. William Proctor, the Proctor Library anchors the northwest corner of the College’s campus on Valencia and Sevilla Streets. The architecture and design of the three-story library, both inside and out, model the College's distinctive Gilded Age style that represents the former Hotel Ponce de Leon, built by Henry M. Flagler as a grand resort in 1888.
The Proctor Library is a vital educational resource on the Flagler College campus. It is staffed and equipped to provide all the services common to a research library. This includes research support, instruction, computer-based search services, inter-library loan, and audiovisual materials and equipment. Professional librarians are available during library hours to assist users.
Computer capabilities in the Proctor Library facility include 200-networked computer workstations for student, faculty, and staff use. WiFi capability is available on all three floors.
Accessibility options are activated on the networked computers, and these computers also contain the JAWS screen software application for use by particularly low vision students. Other adaptive technology in the Library include a CC-TV to enlarge print material for low vision students, a Sara Ce used to read documents and books for students, as well as an additional accessibility station equipped with Connect Out Loud and Open Book.
Four large instruction/group study areas in the Library are equipped with full audio-visual and computer projection capabilities to support larger group collaboration and presentations. A variety of seating and privacy options exist throughout the Library and offer seating for approximately 500 users for individual or group learning.
The third floor offers a large open-access computer lab, the graphic design lab/studio, four technology-equipped lab/classrooms, and several faculty and administrative offices.