Clubs and Organizations
Sport Management Club
The Flagler College Sport Management Association is an extension of the Flagler College Sport Management Program. This Sport Management club offers Sport Management majors another tool to develop their professional skills and resume.
Involvement in the Sport Management Association plays a crucial role in professional development by providing numerous opportunities for students to use leadership skills and network with leaders in the sport management industry.
Members participate in activities such as:
- Planning and implementing various sporting events around Flagler College
- Developing fundraising activities
- Participating in professional development activities
- Volunteering in various nationally-recognized and local sports events
- Volunteering in school-sponsored events
- Boosters membership drive
- Filed trips to various sports facilities and sporting events
- Attending various sports management conferences
- Sport Management Association (SPMA) events
- SPMA Volunteers have the opportunity to volunteer in:
- Daytona 500
- The Players Championship (TPC-Sawgrass)
- The Jacksonville Jaguars home game
- SPMA proudly serves the Community with service events:
- Habitat for Humanity Day
- Canned Food Drive during College Sporting Events
- Donating food to Meals on Wheels program
APPRENTICESHIPS (SPM 281)
This course is a directed field experience designed to help the student gain initial experience in his/her chosen specialty area or to explore a variety of sport settings in order to determine his/her desired work setting in preparation for the required internship. (1 hour credit required)
INTERNSHIPS (SPM 481, 482)
This course is a designed to place the student in the field with a capable supervisor for the purpose of gaining work experience and exposure to techniques, methodologies and procedures utilized in the real world of work. SPM 481 (6 hours) and 482 (6 hours) are taken concurrently for 12 hours of credit.
Sarah 'created herself' during her time at Flagler, now she's creating a great game day experience for Jaguars fans
In April, students were honored for their success in academic research and leadership within their major.