Make your mark on the business world. Start here.
Business Administration is an all-encompassing, immersive experience designed to give you the skills to make your passions profitable.
With a degree in Business Administration, you’re equipped with the social and economic skills you need to successfully run a business venture or work as part of an administrative team.
- Benefit from unique hands-on learning and professional networking opportunities.
- Win national and international awards as part of student organizations such as the Society for Advancement of Management (SAM) and Enactus.
- Make professional connections through internships with local, national, and global organizations.
- Collaborate closely with faculty who have years of real-world industry experience.
And, not surprisingly, most of our majors receive one or more job offers even before they graduate. A number of graduates continue their education and earn advanced degrees in business and related subjects.
A total of 63 semester hours is required for the Business Administration major.
ACC 212 Principles of Managerial Accounting
BUS 230 Quantitative Methods in Business
BUS 301 Financial Management I
BUS 302 Financial Management II
BUS 303 Management Information Systems
BUS 307 Principles of Management
BUS 310 Principles of Marketing
BUS 470 Strategic Management
ECO 201 Principles of Macroeconomics
ECO 202 Principles of Microeconomics
MIS 206 Data Management for Business
LAW 310 Legal Environment in Business
MAT 135 College Algebra or MAT 161 Pre-calculus or MAT 201 Calculus I
MAT 223 Statistics
Students also must complete 15 hours of 300 or 400 level electives in business administration. At least six hours of these electives must be at the 400 level. Six of the 15 hours of BUS electives may be selected from any 300 or 400 level BUS course offered. One 300 or 400 level elective (3 hours) must be selected from each of the following categories of courses:
- International Business: BUS 430, 450, 471, ECO 331.
- Marketing: BUS 312, 315, 318, 416, 417, 462, 471, 472.
- Management: BUS 309, 353, 408, 409, 420, 441, 461, 474, LAW 311.
In addition, one three-hour ECO elective at the 300 level or higher must be completed. Students are strongly encouraged to complete ACC 211, 212, BUS 230, ECO 201, 202, and MAT 135 or 171 or 201, and 223 prior to their junior year.
To minor in this field, the student must complete satisfactorily ACC 211, 212; BUS 301, 307, 310; MIS 206; ECO 201, 202; and MAT 223. In addition, one 200 level or higher BUS elective course must be completed for a total of 30 required hours.