Flagler College Commencement
- Commencement Ceremony Details
1. DEPARTMENT RECEPTIONS:
Date: Friday, April 29
Time: 1 p.m. - 3.p.m.
Location: To be determined
Each Department will hold a special reception on campus for 2016 graduates on Friday, April 29th from 1-3 p.m. Say thank you and farewell to your favorite professors. We will let you know the specific locations at a later date.
2. COMMENCEMENT REHEARSAL:
Date: Friday, April 29, 2016
Time: 4:00 p.m. (All prospective graduates are required to attend rehearsal.)
Location: St. Augustine Amphitheater
3. COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY:
Date: Saturday, April 30, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. (graduates report to the Amphitheater by 8:15 a.m.)
Location: St. Augustine Amphitheater
1. ATTENDANCE AT COMMENCEMENT: All graduates are required to participate in the Commencement Ceremony, unless officially excused by Dr. Yvan Kelly, Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs.
2. ADMISSION TICKETS: Each graduate will receive 6 admission tickets for family, relatives, and friends. No guest will be admitted without a ticket. Only those guests under the age of 2 years, who will be sitting on a lap, will be admitted without a ticket.
You may submit your Alumni Exit Survey (an email will be sent out in April) and pick up your tickets and Cap/Gown from the Office of Academic Affairs in Jay’s Place in the Ringhaver Student Center during “Clearance Week” on the following dates and times:
Monday April 18 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Tuesday April 19 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Wednesday April 20 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday April 21 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
Friday April 22 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Sign language interpreters and handicapped seating will be available at the ceremony. Please indicate the need for these when picking up your tickets.
3. LOTTERY for extra graduation tickets
We will have a limited amount of extra tickets for the Commencement ceremony. To be fair to all graduates, we will hold a lottery to distribute those tickets to students who request extras.
Please email Ms. Donna Washburn at email@example.com with your requested amount of tickets by 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 4, 2016.
Those emails will be placed into a lottery and Dean Kelly will randomly choose names. We will notify you on Monday, March 7th.
4. REHEARSAL: It is mandatory that all prospective graduates attend rehearsal. Rehearsal will take place Friday, April 29th at 4:00 p.m. at the Amphitheater. The alphabetical line-up is critical to the ceremony, as are specific seating assignments. Dean Yvan Kelly will coordinate the rehearsal, and any questions concerning the ceremony may be directed to him. Dress for rehearsal is casual and usually takes about 1 hour. Please consider car-pooling from Flagler to the Amphitheater. Overflow parking will be available at R.B. Hunt Elementary School.
5. HONOR GRADUATES: Students graduating with honors will wear an Honor Cord. If you are graduating with honors, your Honor Cord will be presented to you at rehearsal (senior grades are due Friday, April 29th at 10 a.m.). According to the level of academic achievement, the degree may be awarded summa cum laud (3.9 – 4.0), magna cum laude (3.7 – 3.89), or cum laude (3.5 – 3.69). To qualify for graduation with honors, a student must complete at least 56 credit hours of graded academic work at Flagler College. Pass/fail courses are not applicable. All courses for which no quality points are assigned are included in this pass/fail category, (for example: internships, field experiences, and practicum). Only courses taken at Flagler College are computed in determining honors. The grade point average will be rounded to the hundredth decimal place.
6 . COMMENCEMENT DRESS: Please dress appropriately for this special occasion. No sneakers, jeans, flip-flops, or bare feet. If a student has any questions, please contact Dean Kelly at 819-6392.
7. GUEST SEATING: There are no reserved seats in the Amphitheater except for graduates, faculty, administration, official College guests and mobility or hearing impaired guests. The Amphitheater will be opened at 7:45 a.m. on Saturday, and seating is on a first-come basis.
8. SEATING FOR DISABLED PERSONS: If a student has guests in need of special accommodations, he/she must advise the Office of the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs when obtaining tickets. An interpreter will be available for hearing impaired persons, and special seating is provided for those requiring interpreter services. Special seating arrangements are also available for those who require the use of wheelchairs or who cannot otherwise navigate the stairs.
9. PARKING: Parking for graduation is available at the Amphitheater. We anticipate that overflow spaces will be reserved for Flagler College graduate guests. Free parking and shuttle service will be available at the following locations:
R.B. Hunt Elementary School – with shuttle bus service to the Amphitheater
Elks Lodge – walking distance to the Amphitheater
Anastasia Baptist Church – with Trolley service to the Amphitheater
Anastasia Square – with Trolley service to the Amphitheater
Trolley and Shuttle service from 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Return Trolley and shuttle service from 10:30 a.m. – noon.
10. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Graduates may contact the following companies for graduation announcements:
Jostens at www.jostens.com or 1-800-488-2173
Signature A: www.signaturea.com
11. LIVE STREAMING: For those unable to attend, the ceremony will be shown live on www.Flagler.edu beginning at 9 a.m. on Saturday, April 30th.
If you have questions regarding:
Commencement Ceremony: Dean Yvan Kelly or Ms. Donna Washburn – 904-819-6392 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation Fee: Ms. Peggy Gaset– 904-819-6384 or email@example.com
Diploma and/or transcript: Registrar’s office – 904-819-6204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Exit Survey: Ms. Margo Thomas – 904-819-6474 or email@example.com
St. Augustine Amphitheater
Directions from I-95 North
I-95 South to Exit 318 (SR16)
Left onto SR 16 for 5 miles to US1
Right on US1 for 4 Miles to SR312 Left onto SR312 to A1A
Take a left onto A1A and follow the signs for EVENT PARKING
Directions from I-95 South
I-95 North to Exit 311 (S.R. 207)
Merge onto S.R. 207 North toward St. Augustine Beach
Turn right at SR 312
Turn Left at A1A and follow the signs for EVENT PARKING