Shilpa Balan: Faculty and Staff
Research, Professional and Creative Activity:
- Serving on the Editorial Review Board for International Association of Computer Information Systems.
- Published several journal articles in Information Systems & Data Analytics and presented at numerous leading Information Systems conferences including Decision Sciences Institute (DSI), Association for Information Systems (AIS) and International Association of Computer Information Systems (IACIS).
- Member of the Association for Information Systems and Decision Sciences Institute.
Dr. Balan has earned her PhD degree in Management Information Systems from University of Mississippi. She also has two Masters degrees, one in Management Information Systems from Boise State University and another in Computer Applications from University of Mumbai, India, and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from University of Mumbai, India. Dr. Balan is very passionate about Computer Programming and teaching Computer and Information Systems. Dr. Balan has extensive teaching experience and enjoys mentoring students. She has also earlier served as a Software Engineer for a well-known company in the United States.
Dr. Balan’s primary research interests are:
- Data Science: Data Mining, Big Data, Business Intelligence
- Group Support Systems
- Health Information Systems
Teaching and Related Service:
- Database Systems Management
- Business Intelligence & Big Data Analytics
- Web Application Development for Business
- Mobile Web Design
- Investigation in Cyber Crime and Digital Forensics
- Management Information Systems
- Data Management for Business
- Java Programming
- Project Management
- ERP (SAP)
- Computer Applications in Business
Previously Taught at:
- University of Dubuque, Iowa
- University of Mississippi
Math & Technology Department Website Representative