Shilpa Balan: Faculty and Staff
Research, Professional and Creative Activity:
- Published several journal articles and presented at numerous leading Information Systems conferences including DSI, AMCIS and IACIS.
- Served on the Editorial Review Board for IACIS.
- Member of the Decision Sciences Institute
Dr. Balan received her PhD degree in Management Information Systems from University of Mississippi. Her Primary research interests: Data Mining, Business Intelligence, Group Support Systems, Health IS, Supply Chain, Computer Ethics. Her work has been published in journals and leading conference proceedings. Dr. Balan's current research is on Data Mining and Business Intelligence in Healthcare.
Teaching and Related Service:
- Management Information Systems
- Data Management for Business
- Web Application Development for Business
- Computer Applications in Business
- Database Management Systems
- Business Intelligence
- Project Management
- ERP (SAP)
- Java Programming
Previously Taught at:
- University of Dubuque, Iowa
- University of Mississippi
Math & Technology Department Website Representative