Leslie Robison: Faculty and Staff
Research, Professional and Creative Activity:
Education: B.F.A, B.A., Washington State University; M.F.A., The University of Florida
Expertise: Robison’s degrees are in studio art with emphases in Painting and Drawing. She teaches a variety of two-dimensional courses with a focus on contemporary drawing practices and socially-engaged art. Her drawing, painting, video and photography have been exhibited nationally and internationally.
Associate Professor Leslie Robison attended the University of Florida as a Grinter Fellow and graduated with a Master of Fine Art Degree (MFA) in Painting and Drawing.
Robison’s work has been featured in solo and group shows throughout Florida. Her paintings, drawings, and videos have also been included in national exhibitions as well as in Canada, and Europe. A believer in collaborative experiences and social engagement, Robison has contributed to participatory initiatives in Atlanta and New York while also pursuing community-based projects with her students in Saint Augustine.
Robison uses drawing, video, and painting as forums to examine her multiple roles as academic, mentor, wife, mother, and artist. In her work, these often-conflicting demands become fodder for commentary that may read as critical self-reflection and/or institutional critique.
Teaching and Related Service:
- ART 105/Drawing I
- ART 106/Drawing II
- ART 218/Visual Culture
- ART 225/2D Materials & Concepts
- ART 241/Photography
- ART 302/Painting I
- ART 304/Contemporary Drawing Practices
- ART 325/Illustration
- ART 340/Artists in Residence
- ART 402/Painting II
- ART 434/Socially-Engaged Art
- ART 495/Fine Art Exhibit Portfolio I
- ART 496/BFA Portfolio
- Gritty in Pink, Bailey Contemporary Arts, Pompano Beach, Florida
- Messing With Yarn, Textile Arts Factory, Napoli, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Politics and Power, Ann Street Gallery, Newburgh, New York
- Motherland, an exhibition within the Outskirts Series, tAd Art Space, Denton, Texas
- Perspective: Fresh Look at Contemporary Drawing & Painting, Hillyer Art Space, Washington,D.C.
- Our Shared Past, Cummer Museum of Art, Jacksonville, Florida
- FLOR500, Focus Gallery, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- A State of Un-Play, Atelier 35, Bucharest, Romania
- Paper in Particular, Columbia College, Columbia, Missouri
- Folio Weekly Invitational Artists Exhibition, Cummer Museum of Art, Jacksonville, Florida
- Material Matters, Sarasota Art Center, Sarasota, Florida
- Digits, Propeller Centre for the Visual Arts, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Last Minute on Seattle Art Museum, Benham Gallery, Seattle, Washington
Art Participations/Community Events
- Obelisk Art 450, monuments project, installed at St. Francis Inn, St. Augustine, Florida
- Ransom, Wayfarer’s Brooklyn, Brooklyn New York
- What is Vulnerability?, St. Johns Juvenile Detention Center, St. Augustine, Florida
- The Buddy System, Council on Aging at the Art Association, St. Augustine, Florida
- Launch!, St. Johns County Schools, Crisp-Ellert Art Museum, St. Augustine, Florida
- Imagination Squared, Jacksonville Museum of Contemporary Art, Jacksonville, Florida