Lauren Tivey: Faculty and Staff
Research, Professional and Creative Activity:
* Featured Poet – Third Wednesday Summer 2017 Edition
* 2017 Pushcart Prize Nomination
* Book publications: The Breakdown Atlas & Other Poems (Big Table, 2011); Her Blood Runs
Through Me (Howlin’ Wolf Press, 1996); Dance of the Fire Horse (Howlin’ Wolf Press, 1993).
* Recent poetry publications in literary journals such as Forage Poetry, The Coachella Review,
Lowestoft Chronicle, and Split Lip Magazine.
* ESL Presentation for Writing Center Tutoring Program, Flagler College
* Ameson Advanced Educator Award (China)
* Jack Myers Scholarship for Outstanding Poetry – Vermont College of Fine Arts
* New Hampshire Governor’s Leadership Series
The Modern Language Association
AP College Board
Poets & Writers
Professor Tivey received her MFA in Poetry from Vermont College of Fine Arts, and her B.A. in Poetry and Literature from Granite State College, as well as TEFL certification (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) from the TEFL Institute, and a Secondary English teaching certificate from the State of Massachusetts. She has recently returned to the U.S. after living in China for six years, where she taught AP English Literature in the American program at a Chinese high school. She has also taught ESL in Asia and South America. Tivey is a Pushcart Prize nominee, and her poems have appeared in The Coachella Review, Blue Lake Review, The Legendary, and Red River Review, among many other publications in both the U.S. and U.K. Her third chapbook, The Breakdown Atlas & Other Poems, was released in 2011. She is currently at work on a new manuscript, Moroccan Holiday.
Teaching and Related Service:
First Year Seminar
Intro to Literature
Intro to Short Story Writing
Intro to Poetry Writing