James Wilson: Faculty and Staff
Research, Professional and Creative Activity:
- Publications in literary journals, both fiction and non-fiction
- Works have appeared in Southwestern Review, Prairie Winds and others.
- Co-organizer of the “Other Words” Conference, sponsored by the Florida Literary Arts Coalition (FLAC), and a member of the FLAC board
- Has critiqued fiction at the Deep South Writers Festival of Writers and the UNF Writers Conference
- Has led sessions on teaching Creative Writing at HoustonCommunity College
- Was an AWP panelist on organizing writing conferences
Currently working on his first novel, Giving It Away
Area of Research
Dr. Wilson is co-author of The Essential Films of Ingrid Bergman (Rowman & Littlefield 2018) and The Encyclopedia of Epic Films (Rowman & Littlefield 2014).
Professor Wilson earned his Ph.D. in English from the University of Louisiana, his M.A. in English from the University of South Dakota and his B.A. in English from Dakota Wesleyan University. He specializes in creative writing, and has published fiction, poetry and non-fiction in national literary journals and magazines.
Teaching and Related Service:
- American Literature
- Short Story Writing
- Advanced Fiction Writing
- Manuscript in Creative Writing
- Film Literature
Previously taught at:
- University of NorthFlorida
- RemingtonCollege at Lafayette
- University of Louisiana
Co-organizer of the “Other Words” Conference, sponsored by the Florida Literary Arts Coalition (FLAC), and a member of the FLAC board. He has critiqued fiction at the Deep South Writers Festival of Writers and the UNF Writers Conference