Carrie Grant: Faculty and Staff
Research, Professional and Creative Activity:
Carrie E. A. Grant: “Designing a Meaningful Final Project for an Introductory Statistics Course”, International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics Proceedings 2016: pages 206 - 211
Carrie E. A. Grant: “Unveiling the Mystical Meaning of Confidence Intervals using the StatCrunch Plotter (and other Applet Ideas)”, International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics Proceedings 2015: pages 162 – 172
Carrie E. A. Grant: “StatCrunch Groups: Embedding Activities for Exploration and Assessment”, International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics Proceedings 2014: pages 196 – 202
Carrie E. A. Grant, Christopher A. Rodger: “An n to 2n embedding of partial idempotent Latin squares for small values of n”, Discrete Mathematics 211: pages 53 – 74
- Doctor of Philosophy, Mathematics, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, 1997
Dissertation: An n to 2n embedding of partial idempotent Latin squares for small values of n
Advisor: Christopher A. Rodger, Ph.D.
- Master of Applied Mathematics, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, 1994
Advisor: Dean G. Hoffman, Ph.D.
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Mathematics, Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO, 1992
Advisor: Paul J. Kuerbis, Ph.D.
- Bachelor in Science, Applied Mathematics, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 1989
Area of Research:
- Statistics Education
- Online and Hybrid Education
- Active learning: Inquiry-based learning, Collaborative education, Project based learning Technology in the classroom: Applets, GeoGebra, StatCrunch
Dr. Carrie E. A. Grant is an associate professor of mathematics at Flagler College in the Department of Mathematics and Technology. She serves as the Coordinator of the Mathematics Minor and the Course Coordinator of Statistics.
Dr. Grant is a leader in statistical education who uses innovative techniques in the classroom that incorporate active learning and technology. Through her presentations at professional meetings as well as her participation in workshops and conferences, Dr. Grant has developed a strong knowledge base of statistical education. She has focused on transforming and extending the current knowledge of the pedagogy of teaching statistics.
Dr. Grant also enjoys teaching mathematics majors and minors the art of proof writing through the Discrete Mathematics and Modern Geometry courses. She has incorporated technology into these courses to help students to understand the language of proofs.
When Dr. Grant is not working on anything related to mathematics, you will find her enjoying all things active. She teaches spin, body pump, yoga, and other fitness classes at a local gym. She also travels each year to a variety of places exploring the world.
Teaching and Related Service:
- Business Calculus
- Business Mathematics
- Calculus I, II and III
- College Algebra
- Discrete Mathematics
- Essentials of Mathematics
- Intermediate Algebra
- Linear Algebra
- Mathematics for Elementary Teachers I and II
- Modern Geometry
- Pre–calculus I and II
- Statistics II
- Topics in Contemporary Mathematics I and II
- Trigonometry and Analytic Geometry
- Coordinator for the Mathematics Minor
- Course Coordinator for Statistics
- First Year Advisor
- Member of Omicron Delta Kappa - National Leadership Honors Society
- Member of Mathematical Association of America