Anne DeMartini: Faculty and Staff
Research, Professional and Creative Activity:
Sport and Recreation Law Association:
- Abstract Reviewer
- Awards Reviewer
- Member, Teaching Committee
- Member, Honors and Awards Committee
- DeMartini, A.L. (2014). Is parkour a problem? College and University liability for extreme sport activities. Recreational Sports Journal, 38(1), p. 69 -81.
- Dodds, M., & DeMartini, A. (2012). Private clubs in sport and recreation. In D. Cotten and J. Wolohan (Eds.), Law for Recreation and Sport Managers 6th Ed. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
- DeMartini, A. L. (2012). Thirty years after USTA v. Richards: The climate for transgender athletes. In S. Regalado & S. Fields (Eds.) Sport and the law: Historical and cultural intersections. Fayetteville, Arkansas: University of Arkansas Press.
- DeMartini, A.L. (2013). “Reverse” discrimination in sport? Apilado v. North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. 84 (2) p14-16.
DeMartini, A. & Dodds, M. (2016). Private clubs in sport and recreation. In D. Cotten and J. Wolohan (Eds.), Law for Recreation and Sport Managers 7th Ed. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
DeMartini, A. (2016). Age discrimination in employment. In D. Cotten and J. Wolohan (Eds.), Law for Recreation and Sport Managers 7th Ed. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
Presentations at Sport and Recreation Law Association annual conference:
- 2015 - CrossFit’s intellectual property protection strategy: Beast or bully?
- 2014 - Protecting CrossFit’s intellectual property
- 2013 - Apilado v. North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance:“Reverse” discrimination against straight athletes?
- 2012 - Parkour across North America: Should schools be worried? With Jon Heshka
- 2011- Is Parkour a problem? College and university liability for extreme sports on campus
- 2010 - Thirty Years after Richards v. USTA: the continued significance of transgender athletes’ participation in sport.
- 2009 - Teaching Sport Law to Sport Management Undergraduate Students: A Modified Socratic Method.
- 2009 - Parkour and the Law: Legislation and Liability regarding l'art du déplacement.
- 2008 - NASCAR Legal Liability: A Survey of Recent Cases.
- 2007 - A Keg Up On the Competition: Potential University Liability for Official Recruiting Visit Misbehavior.
Juris Doctor (2006)
University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, GA
Masters of Education in Sports Studies (2003)
University of Georgia, College of Education, Athens, GA
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Exercise and Sport Science (1999)
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
Honors: Order of Grail-Valkyries, UNC Honors Program, Earey Award for Excellence in Exercise Science, Phi Beta Kappa
Teaching and Related Service:
- Teach undergraduate classes including Sport Law, Sociology of Sport, Recreation and Fitness Management and Sport Ethics
- Also taught Introduction to Sport Management Sport Finance, and Sport Marketing
- Vice Chair of Faculty Senate
- Chair of Constitution Committee
- Member President’s Advisory Council
- Member Ad-hoc Committee on Tenure
- Former Chair of Faculty Senate Diversity Committee
- Former Chair of Faculty Senate Compensation and Benefits Committee
Phi Beta Kappa
Sport and Recreation Law Association
North American Society for Sports Management
Red Cross CPR and First Aid certified
Georgia State Soccer Association “F” license
National Exercise Trainers Association Group Exercise Leader certification
CrossFit Level 2 trainer
CrossFit Kids certified trainer
Volunteer, Betty Griffin House